Heart of jazz
The 30CC/Schouwburg is once again the heart of Leuven Jazz. You can enjoy the many headliners there, but you can also go there almost every day for a portion of young jazz talent or a refreshing jazz break.
- Fred Hersch (SAT 12 & SUN 13.03): The American top pianist Fred Hersch is this year's artist in residence. He will play two exclusive concerts: with his Fred Hersch Trio & the Desguin Quartet (March 12th) and in an evening with Avishai Cohen & Bram De Looze (March 13th).
- Discover our other headliners! Immanuel Wilkins (THU 17.03), NΔBOU & Lakecia Benjamin (FRI 18.03) and LUCA Bigband ft. Hermine Deurloo and Rebirth::Collective ft. Tutu Puoane (SAT 19.03):
Semi-final B-Jazz + Late Night Jam (FRI 11.03): Four young Belgian jazz bands battle it out for a place in the final of the B-Jazz International Contest. The four sets are followed by a jam session. More info coming soon.
Together with their teachers, the students of the LUCA jazz program are once again developing a repertoire around a specific theme or icon from jazz history. In these free lunch and after-work sessions, you will receive a tribute to Fred Hersch, John Scofield and John Coltrane.
- Themacombo Groove Elation - The music of John Scofield - Students LUCA o.l.v. Peter Hertmans (SAT 12.03): A tribute to guitarist and composer John Scofield.
- Themacombo Standardtime - Students LUCA o.l.v. Ron Van Rossum (SUN 13.03): A focus on the standards in the jazz repertoire.
- Themacombo Fred Hersch - Students LUCA o.l.v. Jos Machtel (TUE 15.03): A tribute to pianist and composer Fred Hersch.
- Themacombo Bebop and its incredible themes - Students LUCA o.l.v. Frank Vaganée (WED 16.03): A focus on the incredible themes of the bebop style.
- Themacombo A Love Supreme- Students LUCA o.l.v. Dré Pallemaerts (FRI 18.03): A focus on ‘A Love Supreme’ (1956) by John Coltrane.
- Themacombo Vocal Session - Students LUCA o.l.v. Lynn Cassiers (SAT 19.03): A delightful a-cappella jazz session!
- Cirque Composé Meets Leuven Jazz (THU 15.03): A special evening where live music and circus challenge, move and deepen each other. (SOLD OUT)