Young at heart
'Leuven Jazz' admires young jazz musicians and adores young music lovers. These gigs are highly recommended:
- Prelude (Thu 14.03): Four unique locations with challenging bands, a record fair, a guitar doctor and ... a party until the early hours! Jazz for and by young people!
- Whocat (Fri 15.03): Brand new Brussels band Whocat focuses on the voice of their soulful singer Sara Moonen. Jazzpop with punch!
- LG Jazz Collective (Sat 16.03): The Magnificient Seven of young Belgian jazz stars, led by guitarist Guillaume Vierset. Little extra: the exhibit '10 years of Appeltuinjazz' by photographer Eric Malfait!
- Ruben Machtelinckx Quartet (Sun 17.03): Ruben Machtelinckx focuses on the steelstring guitar. After that you get an exclusive tour of the exhibitions in museum M.
- B-Jazz International Contest (Fri 22 + Sat 23.03): The 40th edition of the prestigious competition for young jazz musicians features six finalists on two evenings. Every evening is concluded with a festive Late Night Jam!
- Laat open presents (Fri 22.03): Het Depot resident AliA invites some of her musical heroes: drum-'n-bass legend LTJ Bukem, Joe Armon-Jones, LeFtO and Jazzdee. Party time!
Bass player Cyrille Obermüller is young, extremely talented and ... from Leuven. Discover his skills in four different bands: with the quintet H A S T (Sun 17.03), in the Casimir Liberski trio (Mon 18.03), at Jazz@Steiner (Wen 20.03) with Sam Versweyveld and Roeland Celis and in the bigband of the Antwerp Conservatorium with gitarist Jakob Bro (Fri 22.03).