A taste of jazz
Leuven Jazz gives you a taste of many different kinds of jazz. And at some concerts you may even taste a tad more: a delicious soup at the lunch concerts, a tasteful pre-dinner drink in the eve or go 'all the way' at the SUnday jazz brunch.
- Kind of blue (Tue 19.03): Students of LUCA Jazz, led by Dré Pallemaerts, draw inspiration from Miles Davis' masterpiece 'Kind of Blue'.
- KAMEEL (Wen 20.03): Instrumental trio that combines jazz, rock and experiment. Think Marc Ribot or Arto Lindsay.
- Under the surface (Thu 21.03): Dutch trio with rising star and vocalist Sanne Rambags, a mixture of improvisation and poetry.
- Keith Jarrett (Thu 21.03): Young jazz talents pay tribute to American pianist Keith Jarrett!
- Burt Bacharach (Fri 22.03): A tribute to 'the master of lounge jazz' by young jazz talents.
- Great American songbook(Fri 22.03): A fresh take on this selection of jazz standards from these young jazz talents.
- Kenny Wheeler (Sat 23.03): Young jazz talents pay tribute to composer and trumpeter Kenny Wheeler.
- Fabrizio Graceffa Quartet (Sat 23.03): Contemporary jazz by Belgo-Italian guitarist Fabrizio Graceffa, with influences from the New York underground jazz scene.
- Brunch + Oker Group (Sun 24.03): Melodic and smooth jazz, an ideal combination with an exquisite brunch.
- Milkshake Banana 2.0 (Sun 24.03): Reunion of the winners of the first Jazz Hoeilaart competition in 1979. A combination of improvisation, fun and passion.
JAZZ ON SUNDAY
Just like every Sunday evening the STUK Café changes into a cosy jazz club. On Sun 17.03 guitarist Albert Vila presents you his new trio and new record. Sun 24.03 IH8 Camera ‘SUPER 9’ pays honor to the guitar: at least nine musicians (Rudy Trouvé, Daan Stuyven, Stef Kamil Carlens, Bjorn Eriksson … ) will display musical fireworks!